This is a placeholder text
by benzi on 31 October 2022 - 12:10
by Fantom76 on 31 October 2022 - 15:10
You might do a google search. If dog was ever in a show/trial and results were listed, you might find the name. Do you not have any other clues? How do you know dog is Serbian?
Are yiu the person who posted the following note online 6 years ago?, if not, you should read the posts as they have a lot if goiod suggestions.
by benzi on 31 October 2022 - 18:10
by shivambhatele on 11 January 2023 - 12:01
1. Find the microchip number: The microchip will have a unique identification number that can be read using a scanner.
2. Contact the microchip company: Look for the company that manufactured the chip. It is important to know the brand of the microchip. You can usually find this information on the chip or on the packaging.
3. Look up the registration: Once you have the microchip number and know the brand, you can contact the microchip company and look up the registration information on their database.
4. Contact the national database: Some countries have a national database of microchipped pets, so you can contact them to check if the microchip is registered.
5. Contact the vet: If the animal has been seen by a vet, they may have scanned the microchip and have the information on file.
It is important to note that for a microchip to be useful, it has to be registered, in other words, tied to the current owner and updated if it changes. Also not all microchips are trackable, some are only readable so that the identification can be confirmed.
Please let me know if you have a specific microchip in mind, or if you want more information about any step in the process.
by GSCat on 14 January 2023 - 03:01
Evidently many dogs lost due to recent storms in CA. There may be a central database of dogs reported lost. CA Hwy Patrol or Red Cross may have info.
Also check the lost dog websites like FidoFinder, PawBoost, various FB groups, animal rescues (especially GSD), GSD clubs, breeders, AKC, etc. Also post the dogs to various sites as found. Maybe make a separate post here on PDB with found GSD as the title and link it to this thread (Mods, delete this last if I'm out of line).
Hope you find the owner quickly.
by mrdarcy on 14 January 2023 - 12:01
Benzi, 2 months since you posted this have you any updates for us please??
by kitkat3478 on 18 January 2023 - 21:01
I did register the dogs micro chips to me on US microchip registry. I guess I better find out sooner then later.
I have another female from Serbia, who also is microchipped. I didn t have her numbers so I chipped her again, and registered the chip, and thank God, because she got lost ( altho I believe stolen) and she ended up in dog pound, but they read my chip and I got her back
by Kallen88 on 19 January 2023 - 08:01
Great info- we imported my Gero pup from Serbia and my vet didn’t want to re-chip since he has a chip- it’s just not registered to anyone. I’ve been wondering how I could contact someone to have my info put on there
by kitkat3478 on 22 January 2023 - 01:01
by GSCat on 24 January 2023 - 20:01