by Nans gsd on 04 December 2020 - 14:12
Even if you donot see another puppy I would still give her the oxytocin to clear out the uterus of debris. You can also give her some calcium just to be sure she is not running low on that, maybe some yogurt & cottage cheese. Or give her some bone broth as I would imagine she is exhausted. Good luck.
by Sunsilver on 04 December 2020 - 17:12
Please let us know - we DO care!
by Blksableworkingdogs on 04 December 2020 - 18:12
but just wanted to let ya'll know sort of where things are... we did the x-ray and there was another puppy, that makes 8 pups, 4 alive and healthy.... UNBELIEVABLE !!!!
Gave the shot at 12:30am nothing happened, gave another one at 3:00pm nothing.... I just gave her the last of the three at 3:45 and nothing yet... Im hopeful this will kick in later but if not Ive absolutely got to get the pup out NO LATER THAN MONDAY morning is as long as Im waiting, then surgery is on the table for sure, but my vet thinks he wants to try a couple other things 1st which Im all for trying but that pups coming out on Monday one way or the other, Im not risking my Momma dog getting bad sick or dying,, no way.
Ive been awake again now going on 38 hours.. but it is what it is and I have no choice but to deal with it, we will get through this... again I truly do appreciate everyones care and input but if you hear about a guy in Montana that jumped off a bridge youll know why Im not posting any thing else !!!!
Kidding : )
by Sunsilver on 04 December 2020 - 19:12
She could be low on calcium - that can inhibit the contractions!! Has the vet considered this?
It's fairly common after whelping - in dairy cattle they call it "Milk Fever"!
Oxytocin should kick in within less than an hour of being given!
by Blksableworkingdogs on 04 December 2020 - 21:12