KNPV progeny - Page 1

Pedigree Database

IPO 3, Kkl1, VA8 Jax dei Precision puppies
Puppies for sale

Exciting Puppies available
Puppies for sale

Custom Personalized Dog Collars, leashes and ID Ta

by 8lu3d09 on 12 August 2017 - 02:08

Don't know much about KNPV.
I know someone who got a pup, the sire was a KNPV Malinois and dam a KNPV Dutch Herder.

So to me that would mean the pups would be half Mali and half DH but I was told that it depends on the coat of the pup; if it comes out Brindle it is a DH and a solid colour it is Mali.

In my book it's a cross breed.
Western Rider (admin)

by Western Rider on 12 August 2017 - 04:08

It's a breed defined by color not blood.


by Hundmutter on 12 August 2017 - 05:08

Not without a precedant or two. C/f Irish (red) Setters, & Irish Red and White Setters. The former was developed out of the latter, when the Red&White had a resurgence it was more or less identical still (apart from coat colour), but has now gained a few refined differences.
Some kennel clubs devide colours to give separate registerable 'breeds' in Spaniels, Labradors ... and Berger Blanc Suisse.   Plus, look at the Belgian Shepherd question as a whole.
I don't like it or think its logical but what do you do ?  Can't think off-hand of another actual deliberate first-cross that has then been regarded as a 'breed' and distinguished only by colour, but wouldn't swear it hasn't happened before.


by BlackMalinois on 12 August 2017 - 13:08

They are crossed breed

 Brindle = X  dutch shepherd

Yellow orange =   X  malinois



by Hundmutter on 12 August 2017 - 17:08

BM - so what would you call a light, orangey brindle ?

by BlackMalinois on 12 August 2017 - 18:08

when you can see the stripes it will always be X dutch shepherd

The OP  is about  litter malinoisx X dutch shepherd so its posible to

get brindle and  yellow  also black pups is possible  what comes original from

the Groenendaeler in some pedigrees, long coated  also  possible comes from the tervuererense herder or longcoated dutch shepherd


by Hundmutter on 12 August 2017 - 20:08

Well yeah, because the Mali, Groenendal, Tervuren and Lakenois are all genetically the same breed.

by 8lu3d09 on 12 August 2017 - 20:08

So what is a KNPV Malinois, is it a pure bred Malinois or a mixture of other breeds?

My colleague's KNPV Malinois is huge and much bigger than any Malinois that I have seen.


by BlackMalinois on 12 August 2017 - 21:08


99 percent of today malinois in KNPV are cross breed same for dutch shepherds the other 1 percent are with  FCI papers . A  KNPV malinois don,t excist its not a special breed,



by BlackMalinois on 13 August 2017 - 16:08


X breeds is what Susie said in an other topic means a dog with no papers actually they don,t mixed
other breeds anymore in KNPV its almost only X malinois and dutch shepherds today, You will get all  the  info from a specific dog if you know the BRN number here:


You must be logged in to reply to posts

Contact information  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement  Copyright Information  Terms of Service  Cookie policy  ↑ Back to top 

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!