German Shepherd Dog > KENNEL CLUB SUSPEND ALLOCATION OF GSD CC's for 2012 (280 replies)
by svbc1 on 31 July 2009 - 21:33
I have to admit the term ' The GSD Partnership ' does sound rather odd and out of place. A novice asked me recently what exactly does it mean ?, what is it a partner ship with ?, they thought it was a group of people where the German Shepherd Dogs themselves were in partnership with several owners. Because you all made the name you are so used to seeing it and saying it you have gotten used to it but to a novice or newbie as you call them its not as easily understood. The GSD breed council of Gt..Britain does sound more like an official organisation for the breed. All these new names need to be somehow made more clear to the novices and public . Its awkward trying to explain all this stuff to everyone when asked.
by myfanwy on 31 July 2009 - 22:17
I understand your point
BUT Csence asked the question in obnoxious way and got the answer deserved,
If asked what the difference was regarding both organizations I'm sure the answer would have been different.
But we are going off the subject of the original post.
by Sue B on 01 August 2009 - 10:47
The GSD Partnership
Long may it continue for "United we Stand."!!
by hamza166 on 01 August 2009 - 11:05
|If there is going to be an article in the Times, about this i have got to hear it.|
Oh and by the way Videx gsd, i heard that recently Videx Varus passed away. I'm very sorry for you.
by Videx on 01 August 2009 - 12:42
|I was informed there would be an article in "The Times" today, it has not appeared, maybe tomorrow??|
by hamza166 on 01 August 2009 - 14:44
|Yeah that is true David. I bought the times, to look for it, and all i saw about dogs was:|
The poor little mutt, but was it rude to stare?,
and another one was
Proffesional dog walkers face backlash over 'packs' on heath.
ARE YOU SURE IT WILL BE THERE TOMMOROW. HOW COME IT DIDNT COME TODAY.
by Videx on 01 August 2009 - 16:57
|NO! I am not sure! it's an editorial decision.|
by hamza166 on 01 August 2009 - 18:14
|ok sorry David.|
by Videx on 02 August 2009 - 08:00
|Does anybody know a Stephen Beck = SB - used to show GSD, germanic type, has exhibited at Crufts some years ago. If you know him please PM me|
by Videx on 02 August 2009 - 13:50
OUR DOGS - front page story
What exactly did our GSD Breed representatives say to the Kennel Club?
by myfanwy on 02 August 2009 - 14:19
by Videx on 02 August 2009 - 23:07
obviously you can never believe all what you read in newspapers
by funky munky on 03 August 2009 - 06:02
|I have just read the article from the link above, i cannot believe what i have just read!!!!!! In fact i read it twice just to make sure i got it right!!! Caroline Kisco..."German Shepherd breeders do not accept they have a health problem" and " They do not meet our standards"?????? What standards are they? This statement is unbelievable, and i can only see it doing more damage to our already fragile image with the general public, who WILL BELIEVE EVERYTHING THEY READ!!!!! Who the hell sells a puppy in this country for £10,000? And who the hell would pay it? I am sooooo bloody angry i'm off to write a letter to the K.C., knowing it won't make one bit of difference, but i cannot ignore this article. Liz.|
by missbeeb on 03 August 2009 - 09:04
Please, please... register with the Times online (see David's link above) and make your feelings clear... (politely lol) everyone needs to make a stand here! They may well remove our allocation of CCs, but we must not accept their blatant lies and half truths... fight back! We may not have the immediate press platform of the KC but we can still stand up and be counted.
How many times have the KC refused to implement a few basic changes to their registration policy, that would improve the lot of our dogs, indeed all pedigree dogs? Write letters, emails etc, whatever it takes!
It is totally unacceptable for the KC to make out to all and sundry, that it is US who stand in the way of progress and good health for our dogs, when it is and always has been THEM!
by Videx on 03 August 2009 - 09:21
|AS I have previously suggested, the GSD Partnership should prepare a detailed and comprehensive "PRESS STATEMENT" - making sure that the following points are included:|
1) BVA/KC Hip Dysplasia Scheme was introduced by the GSD Breed (Britain)
2) The Haemophilia testing scheme for 'sires' was introduced by the GSD Breed (Britain)
3) The Elbow Dysplasia Scheme was introduced by the GSD Breed (Britain)
4) The Breed Survey Scheme, which included all the above, was introduced by the GSD Breed (Britain)
5) The GSD Breed (Britain) has on many occasions requested the Kennel Club to introduce Rules & Regulations to specifically improve the Health and Welfare of GSD. In particular the following:
a) Only to Register Litters from Hip Scored Parents.
b) Only to Register Litters from Parents with a low hip score (this to be agreed)
c) Only Register Litters from a sire that is Haemophilia Tested Clear.
d) Include ALL Health Screening Test details of the Parents, on KC Registered Litters Pedigrees.
e) Establish a foolproof "IDENTIFICATION" Scheme for ALL Pedigree Dogs, to ensure ALL Health Screening Tests are done on the named Dog, NOT a substitute. Also to ensure the Pedigrees of ALL PEDIGREE DOGS are ACCURATE.
f) A DNA Parentage Test for ALL Pedigree Dogs
g) A Tattoo and/or Microchip Scheme for ALL Pedigree Dogs
6) The GSD Breed introduced a Comprehensive Judges Training Scheme some 20+ years ago, by the GSD League.
7) The GSD Breed Council now run the GSD Breed Judges Training Scheme.
8) The GSD Breed Council introduced GSD Breed Surveyors (outline a Breed Survey on separate sheet)
9) The GSD Breed introduced the FIRST Breed Show within Great Britain which actually includes Health Screening Test information and criteria in order to qualify to ENTER. "The British Sieger Event" which is run under the Breed Club Rules & Regulations of GERMANY.
10) The Kennel Club have NEVER included the Hip Score Results of Pedigree Dogs as criteria for entering Kennel Club Shows. Worse still, they have NEVER shown any intention of doing so.
11) The Kennel Club will register litters from parents which are NOT hip scored.
12) The Kennel Club allows pedigree dogs which are NOT hip scored to enter their shows and achieve the "HIGHEST ACCOLADES" up to and including "BEST IN SHOW AT CRUFTS".
13) The Kennel Club clearly have "DOUBLE STANDARDS" - their policies are inconsistent and unfair to the Pedigree Puppy buying public. They need to listen to the GSD Breed "MUCH MORE" and then they will make real progress in the Health and Welfare of Pedigree Dogs.
14) They should cease listening to "sensationalist video directors" and "personal drivers" and "minority Alsatianists" and minority "middle of the road GSD folk" and "UNCLE TOM COBLEY AND ALL".
15) LISTEN TO THE GSD PARTNERSHIP - THEY HAVE MUCH TO OFFER
16) TO THE GSD PARTNERSHIP - LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS - THEY ALSO HAVE MUCH TO OFFER YOU!
PRINT THIS LIST HERE: http://www.videxgsd.com/whats_new.htm
by Videx on 03 August 2009 - 11:27
|The GSD breed Council introduced annual SEMINARS for GSD Championship Show JUDGES. These seminars were intended for discussions on breed issues that may need bringing to the attention of breeders and exhibitors. Our breed is well aware of the need to watch for fashionable trends which may become exaggerated or require some corrections for the health and welfare of our breed, and most importantly to retain our GSD breed within its breed standard, I understand these SEMINARS are to be re-introduced soon by the GSD Partnership.|
by hutch on 03 August 2009 - 11:56
|This forum is for GSD enthusiasts and today's newspaper article is directed at the general public. We all know how the KC is failing us - let the wider public know! Go to the Times On line article - register and have your say - quickly! If we create enough momentum they may run a more detailed article where the GSD Partnership can expose the KC's position.|
by Liebe on 03 August 2009 - 12:51
| Its funny how the KC have picked on a breed who's origins are not in this country and the changes we seen in the breed today are as a result of the mother country and NOT the UK. Why dont they look closer to home for issues that really need sorting.|
I strongly feel that their real issue is our double handling and that they are using that to drive us out.
They keep saying they are scared of pushing breeders "underground" by enforcing health screening pass/fail points but that is no difference from what this could bring. Also does anyone know how many Alsationists are on the KC board?
by missbeeb on 03 August 2009 - 13:02
Hi Liebe, I'm not quite sure what their total agenda is yet, but what a bloody sauce to say that WE didn't meet their standards! WE far surpass any standards the KC have EVER had, whilst they continue to register any dog, regardless of its' condition, solely because it's financially lucrative!
I'm sure there's more to it than we realise, but I sincerely hope that we are ALL prepared to "do battle" for our reputation, for the truth and our breed.
Mmmm... the Times (online) has not printed my reply yet.
I urge everyone to register with the Times and voice your opinion... now!
by Videx on 03 August 2009 - 13:14
|I have registered with TIMES ONLINE and submitted several comments, I await their publication.|