German Shepherd Dog > question for GSD breeders (7 replies)
question for GSD breeders
by 4 mals2sheps on 06 April 2012 - 11:06
| Looking for advice for a friend that breeds shepherds, 1st, breeder was contacted by buyer asked about pups on way,2 nd buyer e-mails breeder about deposit demanding a reciept, breeder explains that deposit is received then e-mails receipt is given, breeder asks if buyer has ever been ripped off by a breeder buyer proceeds to go into (no disrespect to officers ment ) I"m a police officer so on so on, so for the next 6 wks e-mails to the breeder every 3 or 4 days asking question that should have been asked in the beginning breeder answers all question this breeder has a pup contract with full refund for health problems And a hip /elbow contract also breeder also explains to buyer they work the night shift and have builders building a kennel and that four a few wks dogs are at her vet /boarding clinic, buyer demands to come see dogs this is all after 6 wks about 2 wks before whelp , breeder has asked them if they would like a refund of deposit buyer refuses says they want pup, breeder feels they are being harassed....... WHAT WOULD YOU AS A BREEDER DO????? |
(I hope this is all right ,this is from my understanding what went on)
by kitkat3478 on 06 April 2012 - 12:09
|You more than likely are just dealing with someone overly excited about getting a puppy. Pet people are like that. A few years ago,I had a family that didn't even have a deposit, just picked their pup and asked if they could come see their pup while waiting. My God, they drove me crazy. I asked they call before coming, sometimes they just showed up. We were in the area,we got carrots for the horses,etc.,etc., They however are great owners,they keep me overloaded with pics. I guess it justk depends how much interaction with buyer is to much for your friend I think they should be able to visit their pup. I'd be worried if I couldn't see them.|
by 4 mals2sheps on 06 April 2012 - 12:15
|Thanks kitkat3478 I'll pass it on .I know they allow visits at 6wks after shot .|
by Hutchins on 06 April 2012 - 16:55
|It because of situations like this, I do not announce puppies are available or accept deposits until after our pups are 8wks old and had at least one vaccination. After our pups are 9wks old and puppies have been evaluated, I will allow people to view them. For NO reason do I allow a potential buyer to think they will be making a choice before this time. If someone can not wait until this time, it does not hurt my feelings at all if they buy a pup from someone else. I have been doing it this way for over 30yrs and I don't plan on changing now for anyone. But in all honesty, we do not breed very often so as of now, we have never had a problem selling our puppies.|
by 4 mals2sheps on 06 April 2012 - 17:07
|Thanks ! Hutchins,|
These breeders don't breed often maybe 1 or 2 litter a year ( they both are E.R.doctors ) I talked to MRS.today and she said the person has e-mailed 2x yesterday and called both of there phones today. They are thinking about out right sending deposit back w/certified letter. I told them to hold on I'm getting suggestions. Anybody have any????? ( Ps this has been going on for 6 wks pups are due in 2wks give or take )
by Hutchins on 06 April 2012 - 17:39
|Like I said I would never have put myself in this position to start with. But since you are asking for opinions, I think I would nicely explain to them that it maybe in their best interest to try to find a puppy that is ready to go now. Seems this may be a situation that could get complicated for the breeder if its not resolved now. If the prospective buyer is only wanting a pet, I believe they can find a quality pet elsewhere. Now if they are wanting a work or sport prospect and this breeder has the bloodline they are seeking, it may be difficult for the breeder to redirect their interest. Perhaps a letter of apology along with the deposit stating that it is in their best interest to look elsewhere for a puppy they can actually HAVE possession of NOW. It is very important not to make them feel like they are being a problem. |
The most important thing is that the breeder have compassion and understanding for the buyers. Also the breeder has the right to refuse to sell to anyone, regardless of the reason, as long as the deposit in full is refunded.
Hope all works out ok for both parties.
by 4 mals2sheps on 07 April 2012 - 11:58
|Well here's a lesson for any breeder , after e-mails and 2 phone calls within 12hrs and breeder just not responding the buyer has demanded deposit back after the breeder jumping threw hoops to give any and all info for weeks on end to buyer,buyer even tells the breeder when they want there deposit back,which is what breeder was going to do anyways even though pup contract says other wise, Breeder believes that this is just a taste of what was to come even when they had a pup she would never be happy and would always be some type of problem, So just because this female is an officer does not mean they are stable with a little research after fact found some in department investigations and suspentions for cover up with this person (google is your friend )|
All I can say is WOW I would not want to be a breeder of any breed !!!
So now breeder will take names then research for any red lights that may show up lesson learned.
( from the first contact this person wanted to tell breeder what to do and when, clearly a incharge attitude)
by Hutchins on 07 April 2012 - 17:42
|Most Police Officers have that, Take charge attitude." It seems to carry over to their homelife after their shift is over. |
Anyway, I am glad that this got resolved for both parties. Now they both can move on.