by dawn4099 on 20 May 2019 - 14:05
David sold me a DM carrier which had a previous c-section which I was not told about (which is hereditary and should not be bred).
Agreed to male pup and then changed his mind. Hmmmmm
by hexe on 20 May 2019 - 15:05
While there can be a hereditary factor with regard to females that have difficulty whelping naturally producing daughters who likewise have problems doing so, many factors can lead to the need for a C-section. That said, ethical sellers and/or brokers have an obligation to inform potential buyers if a female being sold as a brood bitch has ever required a C-section, resorbed a litter, been treated for a uterine infection, failed to conceive when bred or lost pups BEFORE there's any agreement made.
Likewise, anyone who believes themselves to be experienced enough to be buying breeding stock from another country, sight unseen, ought to be savvy enough to ASK for that information upfront, if it's not being volunteered, BEFORE agreeing to make the purchase.
If the seller and/or broker don't fully disclose voluntarily, shame on them. But if the buyer doesn't take the time to ask ALL the questions, shame on them as well.
At the end of the day, though, I'd rather be dog-less than part with a penny to anyone who did business like this. Two years is one and a half years too long for a broker to make good on a botched deal, IMO. The whole point of using a broker--and thus paying a mark-up on the actual price--to purchase a dog from overseas is to avoid precisely this kind of crap.
by Western Rider on 20 May 2019 - 18:05
You nailed it on the head.
I also have no problem with a DM carrier but again if a buyer did not ask for proof of the dog being clear you cannot blame the seller. Many countries do not care about DM or even test for it, those that do test it is mostly because of the American sales.
I know of no country where the seller is responsible for ANY vet bills on a dog they sold AFTER it has arrived at the new owner for whelping problems or the resulting pups vet bills.
You are correct that this should not have been such a long drawn out deal but we do not know how much time was taken up with you contacting the breeder and waiting on them, and how much time David used up with promises. Maybe it could have been handled faster.
With all the time involved tempers are now involved and that does not help.
David I do think that you should look for a better supplier/breeder if this one is your main one or just drop him if not. He is not doing you any good. You picked him you should stand behind him and your deals with him. Just good business.
I would hope that the two of you can rethink and come to an understanding. Keep me updated.
by Dac1964 on 20 May 2019 - 18:05
by Germanshpherdsetc on 20 May 2019 - 19:05
The buyer should not be compensated based on something PDB does or does not do but instead be made whole based on the brokers un kept promises.
by hexe on 20 May 2019 - 22:05
To hinge your willingness to keep your word to the buyer on PDB removing the post does not improve your appearance in this, sir.
by dawn4099 on 22 May 2019 - 01:05
I wanted to thank you for your unbiased opinions and knowledge you shared. I have learned much from this experience, your posts, answers, & suggestions.
The ball is in Davids court now....only time will tell what will become of this matter.
But, I will keep you posted!
With much gratitude,
by Germanshpherdsetc on 25 May 2019 - 15:05
I hope this gets resolved and not just go by the wayside due to inactivity. :(
Please keep us posted!
You must be logged in to reply to posts